Collection of Typical Autogate Bad Experiences From the Forums

Auto Gate Problem again!

My auto gate problem agains! I bought a swing type auto gate (OAE Auto-Gate System brand) in June 2006 about RM1400 and so far I have call them for services or help for more than 10 times.

I already changed my auto gate motherboard for additional charge RM300 due to lightning strike according to their engineer. (remember they never tell you motherboard without warranty if lightning strike during purchase, maybe this is my fault.) last month and today the problem came again! So far, the problems are auto gate not working, auto gate opening & closing speed are too fast, auto gate battery not working, remote control not working and etc.

The services and the products are sucks! The engineer is rude, never came in time, delay the date without notice.

Please please remember regarding this company name Home Alarm & Automation Sdn. Bhd. – Co. No. 415175-T

kim on March 9th, 2007 12:26 am

After reading about the frustration you have experienced, I would expect the irresponsible company to be HOME ALARM too. My bad experience is similar to your. Here it goes:

- end of 2004, changed the autogate swing arm type, even asked for a better quality and had paid higher price

- less than one month, the motherboard broke down and it happened during the 2005 CNY and nobody came to service even after the 10 days of the new year.

- finally they came and changed after some quarrellings with the staff. Was without the convenience of autogate for about a month.

- within that year of warranty, the system had broke down at least three times, each time, the mother board was changed.

- the last time of service, they even disconnect the wall control accidentally, and until today after many time calling, no body turned up to repair their blunder made. We paid for the price of their blunder by not having the convenience of opening the gate using the wall control.

- FYI, those workers are not engineers and they are just plain experienced work force.

- tonite, 20070308 the system broke again, after two years and I am looking for a reliable company to replace the system. Any recommendation?

Auto Gate Problem

Posted on July 25, 2006

I bought an auto gate last month and today when I reached home I found that after open my auto gate and it cannot be closed :(

I tried and tried but stil no luck. After that I smell something weird, I saw smoke came out from the auto gate motor. Immediately I switch off my auto gate power supply and use the auto gate battery to closed my gate. I called my supplier and he said he will arrange someone check for me and arrange for me. I hope he can promise and check for me ASAP. Anyway my auto gate is still under warranty. How can a product less than 2 month old get problem so fast. Too bad!

25-11-2004, 10:40 AM
Re: Auto-gate supplier

About Auto gates, generally they are mechanically operated by way of either mechanical gears or hydraulic system with I.C. circuit and various contactors.

These are powered by an electrical motor and various manufacturer claims theirs are durable and proven. The price varies from 1900-00 to 9000-00 depending on size of gates and opening type.

However, like all mechnical and electrical parts ,they are subjected to misuse ,external weather and their life span.

I had the experience of spending 8000-00 to install the so call best in 1995, the brand was Duragate and they boast of 100000 times opening and closing revolution. Well it served well for 2 years and after the third year, things fall apart. when you press remote control unit , one leaf opens halfway and all sorts of hassle. I called for service and was told that the remote unit have changed to a more upgraded unit ,pay 150-00 per unit and adjustment to circuit board.

one year later, hydraulic unit embeded in concrete failed, reason water leak in to motor. It was supposed to be waterproof. Called Company and was told technician left company. Call technician and he now on his own and explained that all Auto Gates mechanically and electrically operated are similar with exception of types of motor used.

In short , the technology is so common that better to purchase a local made unit 'Radient" costing 2300-00 swing type than others. His explanation , if give trouble change cos there is no such thing as mechanical motor or electrical parts that last forever. I did and now it has been working for more than 3 years.

So today like aircond units and T.V. , do not buy expensive units, if spoilt change. they are so cheap that it is not worth repairing.

25-02-2006, 12:54 PM

RDS Autogate Sucks Big Time!

Just wanted to share my experience - I installed an RDS9 swing arm autogate in Nov 05' AND I have experienced nothing but pure sheer dissapointment with the works.

Within 3 months, I've had 2 breakdowns plus the inconvenience of going back to manual opening for at least 2 weeks.

In case any of you are thinking of installing this particular brand, think twice and then think a few more times again.

This is not a cheap unit so one do not expect it to break down so many times! Some may say autogate is a luxury item, but with the high crime rate around this area, at least it provides additional security feature for the family, where one don't have to get down from the car to open and close the gate.

Plus an additional word of advice... Make sure you know the installer and the dealer is not some fly-by-night small-timer. I made the mistake by listening to a reputable CIDB Class C electrical contractor who introduced this dealer to me. I did not check him up thoroughly. So make sure you KNOW who you'll be dealing with!

Posted on behalf of HO W.L. (A USJ Resident)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------- So, folks pls take note!